Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 2: Dinner - Papa John's Newbie


Left my laptop at work, so my apologies to all of you who are craving an intense dinner video blog. Maybe tomorrow.

Continuing the "pizza I always see commercials for but never actually eat" trend, I found myself face-to-face with a deep-dish pizza from Papa John's.

Aside from the fact it's a square pizza cut like a round one and came with some gross garlic sauce and a hot pepper (can someone explain that one to me?), it was pretty good.

I have to say my first Papa John's experience was a good one (even though every slice being a right triangle sorta threw me off). I think if I was blindfolded and given a deep-dish slice from Pizza Hut, and one from Papa John's, the only way I'd be able to tell the difference is that Pizza Hut tends to be crispier. They taste exactly the same, but the Papa John's pizza is very doughy--actually it's pretty much undercooked.

Better ingredients, better pizza, Papa Johns.

2 comments:

  1. don't hate on the garlic sauce! that's the only reason to get papa john's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same. I always ask for extra of that stuff because u cant eat Pappa Johns without it!!!

    ReplyDelete